Sunday, October 19, 2014

Tangling with God?

Is it a sin to 'tangle' in church?? It was putting me a 'prayerful' way... and I really didn't DO any tangling. I just did a quick sketch of the altar area for a future Zentangle.

But I did do some more at my mom's and when I came home from church... This clock is on my living room wall (right), not exact, but just my version of ZIA (Zentangle Inspired Art).



Okay,,,, this one I did after I got home from church. Maybe it can be used on the next bulletin at church. LOL

This one I did at my moms. I used a leg coaster (from under the chair I was sitting in) for the round circle, then when I did a few 'strings' through it, it made me think of a ball of yarn. Or an ornament.














I wanted to see if I just drew cross-hatch lines, and a few strings through it, could I use a different tangle in each section using only the squares I started with. This was a challenge for me since I haven't used some of these tangles before.








I also am branching out into shading....I like the 'fins' on the left and the balls in the sand on the right.










Also more shading.... It makes me think of a pillow on a fluffy mattress with a quilt on it.








I thought this should be entitled, "Rugz", but then I stood back and saw a very sleepy, puffy creature looking at me.


This set I set out to do one thing, then it turned into another. The top one, I thought I'd make a spider web out of it, but as I kept going, I see eyes in the dark, looking out at me from a movie marquee poster that's framed.

The heart, I got carried away with, so the top ran off the paper. They say you really can't make a mistake in Zentangling (you're supposed to incorporate it into the design), but if you make it run OFF the paper, do I do 'overkill' and fill the whole tag?

No comments:

Post a Comment