Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ideas from a new book


Row upon Row
I've gotten another Zentangle book and been trying some things out on it. Here are a few of the ones I've done. The two images on the left and below, are the same, just one is upsidedown... The one on the left was just strings that were drawn to make different rows of tangles...the one below makes me think of Boston, with it's old and new buildings, the sailboats on the river...
Boston on the Charles
Carol's Posey-before

Carol's Posey-after
 This one I did for my boss. She had asked if she made a squiggle with her initials, could I do a design with it? Sure.... I never connected before the end of the day, so I did her initials (C.D.) and created tangles around it.  Now, ... there IS a story to it. Unconciously, I made spikes on her back, a snake with a forked tongue and talons (claws) within it. Not intentional, honest.... When I showed it to her, she wasn't crazy about the snake, so I embellished it to hold a 'posey'.... Much better. So much so, that she had me make a copy and she mounted it and will have it framed. My first piece of art in someone's house!


My 8 yr old grandson wanted to make a 'string'... so this is HIS string done with tangles.
 This string started out as lightning bolts... Tried a few new tangles from my new book. Did some shading.
 Tried new designs here, but haven't shaded it yet.
 This one I did with MY initials.... (N.E.) and I incorporated part of me in it... That I have a big heart, that I'm soft at the hips, that I love to wear socks that don't match, that I can be 'spikey' on occasion... I think it suits me just fine. LOL
Nancy's Tangle-not shaded
Nancy's Tangle- shaded
 This is a smaller string, that when I got done with it, it looked like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon. Unshaded as of yet.
"Butterfly Emerging" or "Cocoon"
 This one I wanted to try different ribbons (inspired from my book), and filled in part of the background with bubbles.... but left holes in the background. Started to shade it.... Not sure how much more I'll do with it. Notice how the shadow of one of the ribbons is cast on the bubble underneath it? Neat....

No comments:

Post a Comment